Wednesday, December 22, 2010

GQ: RYAN GOSLING

I'm usually not one for celebrity journalism, but Brett Martin's night on the town with Ryan Gosling published in the January issue of Gentleman's Quarterly (GQ) magazine is a fun read. Though Martin's article is subscription only, Mario Testino's outstanding noirish photo spread is available as a slideshow at the magazine's website. I especially like the "Is that a gun in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?" shot.

Appropriate to Christmas, Gosling told Martin: "My mother still believes in Santa Claus. We tried to break her of it once, but she wasn't having it. There are very few believers in the world, but my mother is one of them. I don't know if she'd admit that this is why she does it, but it's just more fun to believe in Santa than not to."

Cross-published on
Twitch.